Concerned about cold & flu season? Worried about the winter blues? What if there was a way to boost your immune system, your mental health, and have fun? Three words, Ladies Night Out!!
Health experts say that maintaining positive relationships with friends should rank right up there with healthy eating and exercising. That being socially engaged leads to more positive emotions and may actually boost your body’s immune system and reduce the physical signs of stress. So, no more excuses! It is time to give the girls a call, and set up a Ladies Night Out!!
Needs some ideas?
Here are 10 awesome Ladies Night Out destinations in Toledo! (In no particular order)
1.UNCORK THE ARTIST – Full disclosure; I was a tad nervous the first time I did this because I was afraid of everyone seeing my canvas and the fact that I was a total novice, a.k.a. clueless! Haha! My worries were quickly put at ease when the instructor explained that she would be giving us a step-by-step instruction, score! And the glass of wine didn’t hurt. Lol! That’s right; you are more than welcome to bring your favorite bottle of wine to enjoy while creating your gorgeous masterpiece! They offer a nice variety of painting to select from, CLICK HERE to view the calendar.
2. TRAPPED TOLEDO -I had THE BEST time doing this! I love activities that involve wit and working together. Team work, baby!! You are locked in a room with a group of your friends and you must use your intellect and the group’s collective knowledge to find hidden clues, solve puzzles & overcome challenges to escape before time runs out. We made it with just minutes to spare. Are you ready? CLICK HERE to check out the current experiences, and see which piques your group’s interest!
3. SANDPIPER – I planned a Ladies Night Out back in August on the Sandpiper, specifically, the Dinner Cruise. It was such a relaxing and enjoyable experience. We were allowed to bring wine, and I did, but the river and cruise was intoxicating enough, I never did open my bottle of Sangria. Thus, if you are in the mood for a “chill” evening out with the girls than a cruise down the Maumee River is perfect! There are a variety of options to choose from, CLICK HERE to see the schedule.
4. STYLE 5:16 – Call up the girls for a fun fashion filled evening!! Imagine having a boutique to yourself and your closets friends, sipping wine, trying on the latest fashion finds, glamming up the styles with bling, testing one another on your fashion trivia, and noshing on delicious cuisine. CLICK HERE to see calendar of events and/or to contact owner for a private Ladies Night Out!!
5. BIRD’S EYE VIEW CIRCUS -Hands down this is the coolest!! I just did this with a group of friends and it was amazing! We did the areal silks. (That is me in the image above) They offer a variety of options to select from, aerial hoop, hammock, and aerial yoga, stilt walking, juggling, etc. and offer private group lessons. Did I mention this is SO cool! I highly recommend you get this on the calendar ASAP as they do fill up fast! This is certain to be a night all the ladies will remember! CLICK HERE for a list of activities they offer and contact info.
6. PEACE, LOVE, & POTTERY – Painting Pottery is one of my favorite Ladies Night Out events! There is something so therapeutic about painting & hanging out with the girls. It is such a great way to relax and unwind. As an added bonus, if I am not painting something for a friend I like painting something for myself, like a mug, bowl, or small plate that I can use on a daily basis to recall the great evening I had with frieinds….it is kind of like a bonus vicarious way to induce relaxation via memory. CLICK HERE to view their calendar and/or contact owner to set up your own LNO!
7. PUB CRAWL – Sometimes a girl just needs to let loose, laugh, and live it up! Don’t feel like making a bunch of plans. Perhaps an impromptu Ladies Night Out is in order? Then downtown Toledo is the perfect spot for a LNO Pub Crawl!! Why just enjoy the ambiance and atmosphere of one pub/brewery when there are a slew of great spots downtown….you would really be doing yourself, your friends, and the city a disservice if you only visited one all night, true!? Haha! Now I am not endorsing intoxication by any means, pace yourselfers, drink responsibly, eat something, have a designated driver, and have fun!!
8. GATHERED GLASSBLOWING STUDIO– Are you mesmerized by the art of glassblowing or maybe you are just looking to do something new, different, something outside your comfort zone? They will introduce you to the art of glassblowing and help you create a glass piece of your own. Or better yet, don’t feel like making something, then check out their Hot Glass, Cold Beer, & Cool Music event every 3rd Thursday of the month. CLICK HERE to check out their calendar of workshops
9.LISA’S MANICURE & PEDICURE SPA– Imagine an evening of relaxation….sitting in the massaging chair, feet soaking in the warm water, sipping wine, snacking on munchies, and enjoying fabulous conversations with friends. Yep, Lisa can make that happen! I am a fan of Lisa’s because it is an all-natural/green nail salon so you don’t have to worry about any ridiculous fumes giving you a headache. You can rent the space after hours for a Ladies Night Out to remember!! CLICK HERE for Lisa’s contact info so you can get your LNO in the books asap!
10. COOKING CLASSES AT DEGAGE JAZZ CAFÉ – (I SO want to do this…it is on my list for a future LNO) A true devotee to the local food movement, Native Toledoan and Chef Joseph Jacobsen has been revolutionizing Maumee’s & the surrounding areas culinary scene since he took over Degage Jazz Cafe & Fine Dining 4 years ago. He shares his passion for connecting local farmers and consumers with monthly cooking classes, seasonally-changing menu, locally-grown & sources produce, meats & dairy. The International Culinary Institute-alum brings his farm-to-table passion fruition at Degage & diners love the spot’s refined blend of locally-grown produce and use of fresh costal seafood as do local foodies. These cooking classes are only offer once a month CLICK HERE for calendar.
So what are you waiting for? Call up the girls because it’s time for a Ladies Night Out!!