Date Night!! The two words every couple looks forward to, especially those with kids. It means a night away from the kiddos, reconnecting with your spouse, and remembering why you fell in love in the first place. It is easy to get caught up in the responsibilities of adulthood & parenthood. That is why it is so important that you step away from it all for a few hours and have some fun, remember the fun, that thing you did before you had a job, mortgage, kids, you know before you had major responsibilities!?
Here are some FUN Date Night destinations you and your significant other are certain to enjoy:
1. Escape Game Experience (Fallen Timbers, Maumee) and/or Trapped Toledo (Toledo)- Locked in a room with a group of friends or strangers; you must use your wits and the group’s collective knowledge to find hidden clues, solve daunting puzzles and overcome challenges to escape before time runs out. Are you ready?
2. Murder Mystery Dinners at Spaghetti Wharehouse–Audience participation in a live-action comic mystery! Enjoy the live performance with a complete package of a 3-course dinner, soft drinks, gratuity & tax included. The cash bar opens at 6:00. The show starts at 6:30. All safety guidelines and practices are in place! Meal includes salad, fresh bread, choice of one entree, dessert, and soft drinks. Choice of one entree from 15 Layer Lasagna, Fettucine Alfredo, Spaghetti and Meatballs, Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad, Manicotti with Sauce.
Please book the entire party in one sale to ensure your party sits together. Per safety guidelines, they cannot guarantee guests will sit together if tickets are purchased separately. If this show is sold out or there are not enough tickets available for your entire party, please call us at (888) 673-7789. We may be able to accommodate you.
3. Sky Zone– Indoor Trampoline Park! Experience WOW – the weightlessness of bouncing, flipping, and landing in a pit filled with 10,000 foam cubes. You and your spouse will experience the pure joy that comes with flying. They also have a basketball trampoline, dodge ball trampoline court, and more!!
4. Sandpiper– The Sandpiper is a 100 Passenger cruise vessel located on the Maumee River in Toledo, Ohio, and offers fun events throughout the summer and fall. Here are a few fun date night events they offer but be certain to check out their website for more!
Musical Dinner Cruise, Sunset & City Lights Cruise -This is a breathtaking experience! Cruise up the Maumee River and view stately homes, yacht clubs, and wildlife. Catch a sunset around Walbridge Park & return downtown after dark and experience the city lights shimmering on the water. Snacks included.
Cigar Cruises on the Sandpiper Check out the new developments along the riverfront and enjoy a 2-hour smoke on the river. Bring your own cigars! If you wish bring your own picnic or order a Marco’s Pizza delivered to the boat and bring your own beverages too!
5. It’s Friday at Toledo Museum of Art– Each evening offers an ever-changing combination of events for adults and families including free tours, activities, live music, glassblowing demonstrations, wine tastings, and more. Click here to view the calendar.
6. Art Loop– The Art Loop is presented in partnership with the arts and cultural institutions, organizations, and businesses of greater downtown Toledo and connects and highlights our city’s creative community and the unique culture of our downtown neighborhoods.
7. Jazz in the Garden at Toledo Botanical Gardens– Bring a blanket or chair and relax to smooth jazz nestled in the beauty of the Garden. A barbeque vendor will be on the grounds for food purchase, bakery goods for sale on grounds, & guests may bring food, wine, and beer. Cost: $10 general admission & $5 for Metropark Members. Thursdays, 6:30-8:30pm.
8. FREE Concerts on Saturday Evenings–FREE concerts at Ottawa Park Amphitheatre. Unwind on a warm Saturday evening as you enjoy great music performed by various local artists. Each show features a fun musical theme…blues, British invasion, classic rock, etc. and admission is FREE!
9. 8 Romantic Restaurants in Toledo– Enjoy a drink and the view at The Heights or one of the other 7 romantic restaurants. Each features a great summer menu!
10. War Zone Paint Games– Paintball & Lazar tag fun!! Click here for more info
11. Attend a Festival/Event- Black Swamp Festival
12. Cleland’s-Archery range, Pistol range, lots of various events going on, be sure to check out the website for more info.
13. Ritter Planetarium– Located on the main campus of the University of Toledo, the Ritter Planetarium is your gateway to the Universe. Outfitted with a state-of-the-art digital projector and 5.1 surround sound, the Ritter Planetarium is capable of transporting you through space and time to view the wonders of the Universe. Click here for more info.
14. Mud Hens Game– Why not enjoy a good old-fashioned game of baseball? Let’s Go HENS!! Click here for schedule and ticket info
15. Sundance Kid Drive-in Theatre-Spend an evening under the stars at The Sundance Kid Drive-In. The nostalgic 50’s style drive-in, located across from Pearson Park in Oregon, features Digital Cinema projection and FM Stereo Sound. Two movies play on two screens April through October. Their concession stand has all your favorite treats prepared fresh daily. Lucky ticket gift winners are drawn nightly! For times and showings click here
Here are a few suggestions to make your date night more economical:
- Whenever possible have family or friends watch your kiddos, perhaps even consider starting or being part of a babysitting co-op.
- Save up! Set aside a decided amount of money each week, say, $10 dollars, and at the end of the month, you have $40 for your date night. Date Night can happen no matter what your budget is, it may mean sacrificing your lattés or convenience store purchases, but it is worth it!
- If you go out to eat beforehand don’t order drinks and consider splitting a dish…..you can go REALLY fancy if you order water to drink and split a meal (note that there may be a splitting fee but it is often cheaper than ordering an additional meal). Added bonus when you split a meal, you don’t feel as guilty ordering dessert!
- Inquire about possible coupons, and deals; some places have deals on certain days.
Enjoy your time out, put your phones away, give each other your undivided attention, and most important, HAVE FUN!!
8 thoughts on “15 Summer Date Night Destinations in Toledo!!”
Hi! I love and read your blog all of the time. My husband and I seriously need to get out for more date nights but don’t have family in town. Would you have any suggestions to finding good babysitting co-ops?
That is a fabulous question & I have to be honest, I do not…I know some of the local Moms Groups & churches offer parents day out events, but those vary. I will keep an eye out for other options & let you know if I come across anything.
Can’t even remember life before kids 🤦🏽♀️
I know right?!…
Our grandchildren have a lot more fun things to do today. I liked your last date idea the best. Great variety. 🦋
Thank you Joni! Enjoy this magnificent day with your grandchildren, what a gift!
It really is and they have done a few of your suggestions here in Washington State here in Seattle. 🦋
I love it! : )