Here in the Midwest November means two things, Thanksgiving and Ohio State vs. Michigan college football game. Being so close to the Ohio Michigan border often means families are divided. So, during the border battle, you often find deeply intensified rivals.
There have been some crazy stories of Ohio State and Michigan fans going head to head but, for the most part it is a friendly rivalry. I suppose it depends on where you decide to watch the game. But one thing is for sure, no matter where you are watching the game, or what team you are rooting for, the one thing that remains constant, GRILLING!
Perhaps you have been blessed with ticket to the game or are simply tailgating before the big show down. Maybe your neighbor, family member, or you are hosting a party. Thus, no matter where the grill may reside make certain it is accompanied by Heinz! You can forget a lawn chair, you can forget an umbrella, shoot, you can even forget your beverages, those are all forgivable by fellow tailgaters/party goers, but never, I repeat NEVER, forget the Heinz!
Heinz and Mom on the go in Holy Toledo want to make certain you do not drop the ball at your tailgating party. So, Heinz is giving away a fun tailgating pack that includes the following:
• Heinz 57 Sauce, Heinz 57 Steak Sauce and Heinz 57 Sauce with Honey
• Grilling tools
• Heinz blanket
• Mini football
• Heinz tailgating book (Has Q & A to test your football IQ, Football Facts, Heinz field highlights, and recipes!)
(Over a $60 value)
The Heinz Tailgating book has some pretty amazing, mouth-watering recipes. Here is one my family really enjoyed…
Heinz 57 Pulled Pork
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
- 1/2 cup Heinz 57® Sauce
- 1/4 cup Lea & Perrins® Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 medium onion, chopped, or about 2 cups
- 3 1/2 lb. boneless pork shoulder-blade roast, trimmed and cut into 4 pieces
1. In a 5-6 quart slow cooker, mix together 57 Sauce, Worcestershire Sauce, mustard, sugar, tomato paste, and onion. Season with salt & pepper if desired. Add pork, turning until well coated. Cover and cook on low heat setting for about 8 hours, or until pork is cooked through (no longer pink or an internal temperature of 165°F) and tender, turning occasionally.
2. To serve, remove pork from slow cooker. Pull pork into shreds using two forks. Return pork to slow cooker and stir until well mixed with sauce. Serve onto your favorite sandwich buns and serve immediately.
TIP: If desired, cook on high heat setting for 4 hours, or until pork is cooked through (no longer pink or an internal temperature of 165°F) and tender, turning occasionally.
And here are two more teasers from Heinz Touchdown to Tailgating book…
Franco’s 1972 Cocktail Meatballs
BBQ Chicken Quesadilla with Avocado Salsa
To be entered into the giveaway you will need to do the following:
Like Mom on the go in Holy Toledo facebook page
Follow Mom on the go in Holy Toledo on twitter
Like Heinz 57 Sauce Facebook page
Post a comment stating you have done all three and then share who you will be rooting for, Ohio State or Michigan?
Winner will be selected randomly Nov. 19th!
Disclosure: Heinz provided me with a tailgating fun pack, love it! No other compensation was received. All opinions are my own.