Have a heart! Not this Valentine’s Day! Those classic chalky little candies with messages for your sweetheart that have been available since the beginning of time (1886) won’t be this Valentine’s Day. How are children supposed to decorate their Valentine’s boxes & crafts? Will it even feel like Valentine’s Day without passing your crush a heart that says text me? And in 100+ years why did they never think to make them tastes less, well, chalky? We’re talking Necco Valentines hearts candy & more today, click on link to hear our thoughts. Tag friends & share yours…will you be able to go on this Valentine’s Day without the classic heart candies?
Who’s seen the new Gillette commercial? 🙋♀️ Who’s onboard with it? Who’s offended? Who couldn’t care less either way? Are companies getting to political…do we have to have a moral dilemma before purchasing each item on our grocery list? Also, why we are on the topic why are women’s razors more expensive than men’s? We are discussing these questions & more on today’s podcast, click on link to listen in, tag friends, & let’s get this weekend’s hot topic started!
What if I told you that you could save money, time, possibly your family’s lives, & finally solve the case of the missing socks all with one service visit? Does it sound too good to be true?! Well, it does take a wizard! More on that in a minute, but first, here are some alarming facts….
Hard Facts/Keep Your Children Safe:
- According to the National Fire Protection Agency, more than 15,500 dryer fires are reported each year.
- Dryer fires typically start when lint from the dryer builds up over time and eventually clogs the vent. Because dryer vents are often inside walls, homeowners are not always aware of a problem until it’s too late. A fire of this type could compromise the entire structure.
◦A small, contained dryer vent fire can cost $5,000 to $20,000.
◦A large fire can result in total property loss and could quickly spread throughout a neighborhood or multi-family complex causing a catastrophic amount of damage.
- Unfortunately, the dangers of a clogged dryer vent often go unknown. It is crucial that homeowners are aware of the damage they could face in order to avoid the extreme financial and emotional toll of a house fire.
- According to Dryer Vent Wizard, the nation’s leader in dryer vent repair, cleaning and maintenance, dryer vents can expose homeowners to dangerous toxins without proper maintenance.
◦ Mold: One of the most important functions of a dryer vent system is to eliminate moisture during the drying process. If a dryer vent is crushed in certain areas or blocked with lint, the moisture can become trapped, which can lead to mold. Mold is known to cause both structural damage and health problems, like allergies and irritation in the nose, throat and lungs.
◦ Carbon Monoxide: Gas dryers can put your family at risk for carbon monoxide poisoning if they are not properly maintained. When dryer vents become clogged with lint, bird nests or other items, exhaust fumes cannot properly exit the vent line, leading to obstructions that allow harmful gases to build up inside the home.
◦ Bacteria Growth: Like any other surface in your home, dryer vents can become a breeding ground for harmful bacteria and fungi if they aren’t properly cared for. Debris such as lint, nests, rodents and animal droppings, that build up inside the vents can cause germs to spread throughout the home, leading to an increase in allergies, headaches and overall sickness.
So basically your dryer could potentially be the hitman of appliances, just waiting to take out your entire home in a house fire, or slowly erode at your family’s health with bacteria, fungi, & mold. No Thank you! Which is why I called the Wizard, Dryer Vent Wizard, and had them come out ASAP!
It was super easy, convenient, and the customer service was stellar! I simply set up an appointment (call, (567) 200-4192), they came out, ran some diagnostics on my dryer, I got schooled on the proper way to actually run my dryer (turns out I was wasting SO much time, money, & energy using the setting I was running it on) informed me of the low quality air flow in my dryer, I found out the tubing they used to install my dryer wasn’t up to code (most aren’t, shocking, right!?!), & that he could fix all the problems & clean out the dryer, which would result in a savings of time and money in the long run and also give this momma peace of mind knowing her kiddos would be safe!
Bonus- life gets busy with kids & who can remember to maintain their dryer? Honesty it’s the VERY last thing on my list. Dryer Vent Wizard offers a lifetime reminder option for only $29 which gives you 20% off the cost of the cleaning & service fee is waived. WINNING!
So what are you waiting for? Contact Dryer Vent Wizard today & finally locate all those missing socks…did you know they could actually be somewhere in your dryer?!
Phone: (567) 200-4192
$10, $25, $40? How much should we spend on a child’s b-day party gift? Does it matter where the party is at? If the parents are forking over $400+ on the party are we expected to bring a more expensive gift? Or is it truly the thought that counts? Today’s hot topic is, kids’ bday party gift dilemma…how do you decide how much to spend?
Click on link to hear our thoughts & please share yours
We’ve been on a much needed break but we’re back with this week’s hot topic for the mommas…is it okay to bring wine to a play date?
And this time we thought it might be fun to get the kids perspective…click on link to be directed to the podcast & please share your thoughts on this topic.