What day is it? Between remote learning, winter break, working from home it’s a wonder any of us know what day it is! lol! Sure structure, routine, & sticking to a schedule are how most of us are trying to maintain our sanity, but the home wasn’t mean for all work and no fun! The home should be a safe haven, away from all the commotion of daily life, a place where the fam can gather for some quality time together….after 10 months of kicking it at home your creativity level might be running on empty, here’s some fun ideas!
1. Build a fort
2. Have a Rainbow Loom Marathon
3. Build a Lego world!
5: Bake Bread….comfort food is exactly what we need right now
6. Have a puppet show with homemade sock puppets
9. Have kiddos help clean out your junk drawers….some kids love office supplies
10. Make your own art
11. Host an Art Show displaying said art
13. Make bathtub paint
14. Tactile tubs
15. Go on a Scavenger Hunt
16. Make pancaked!
17. Have a spa day
18. Have a Super Hero Day
19. Host a Movie Night…Just for your family 😉
20. Declare it a Minecraft Day
21. Host your own Cupcake Wars with play dough or real cupcakes!
23. Host a fashion show
24. Invade the recycling bin and create sweet sculptures!
25. Play restaurant
26. Write and illustrate a book
27. Host a dance party
28. Have a game day!
29. Make a card for a neighbor to brighten their day.
30. Learn about the solar system….
31. Make your own matching/memory game
33. Put on a play
34. Record your own movie
37. Go through pictures & souvenirs and make a scrapbook
38. Write a Newspaper article
39. Make super hero capes and face masks!
40. Have a day at the beach inside! Build a sand castle inside with this Watermelon Moon Sand!
41. Make instruments & have a performance
42. Have a ball! Get a bunch of beach balls and have a blast….have kiddos each decorate their own balls with faces, etc.
43. Bubbles! Get the bubbles out and have a blast!
45. Make Toothpicks and Marshmallow Structures
46. Paint with food!
47. Edible Gumball Necklace
48. Paint Rocks
49. Make Rainbow bubble Snakes
50. Play Hot/cold- hide an object then other need to find it, person who hide says cold as they move away from the object and warm/hot the closer they get to the object
51. Start a Youtube Channel
52. Host a book club…have kiddos read book or have parents read to them then discuss the book. Imagine you were the characters in the book, what would you do? How would you feel? Have each child come up with a different question.
53. Play charades!
54. Make pet treats and visit a local animal shelter to drop them off after quarantine (call first to make certain they will accept them…if not, simply drop off donations, i.e. newspaper, paper towels, etc.)
55. Make Washi Tape bracelets
56. Get your hands on some cardboard boxes…don’t have any? Call local appliance store, big box store, etc. – here are 31 wild ideas!!
57. Make silly putty
58. Make slime
59. Make a Volcano!!
60. Freeze things in ice…always fun!
61. Make snow
62. Banana Bar!
63. Make a masterpiece out of items found in nature…sticks, twigs, grass, weeds, flowers, etc.
64. Listen to an audio book
65. Have kiddos play archeologist…have parent burry objects in a sandbox, backyard, etc. Help kiddos set up an archeological dig.
66. Make a Mason Jar aquarium….plus 15 additional fun things to do with a Mason Jar
67. Make your own soap! – Soap cupcakes with whipped frosting
69. Go on Safari….place stuffed animals around the house & make this sweet Safari Vest!
71. Make smoothies!!
72. Have fun with crossword puzzles, brain teasers, word search, etc.
73. Make scented play dough! WHAT!? –
74. Let’s Talk Food! Have kiddos grab old magazines and make a poster board with all the food groups.
75. Grab your crayons and get coloring!! –
76. Make Map Magnets, learn about geography-
77. Folding Fun- Make sweet Origami figures
78. Make your own stamps & Stamp pads!
79. Make a self-portrait with magazine cutouts
81. Play a game of good old fashioned Win, Lose, or Draw!
82. Make Salt Dough– imprint cool objects, your feet, hands, etc.
85. Make a floor plan of your bedroom….make a couple more with different furniture layouts, find one you like and rearrange your room (with help from an adult)
86. Organize your books- non-fiction, fiction, etc.
87. Engineering & Architecture fun! Make a geodesic dome, bridge, and other fun structures with gumdrops and tooth picks!!
89. I Spy
90. 20 Questions
91. Brain Quest!
92. Learn all about Teeth! Make some cool molars!!
93. Race remote controlled cars/helicopters.
94. Pool noodle games & crafts (pool not required)
95. Make homemade beads
97. Make Pom Pom Bunnies!! (My daughters loved this one!)
98. Crafts & Activities with Popsicle Sticks
99. Make Catapults
100. Make Star Wars Toilet Roll Characters
101. Make a Bow & Arrows
Bonus: Unleash your child’s inner inventor by building a robot with hands-on STEM kits for kids ages 12 and up! No prior experience is needed for this fun, educational project.