Students K-12 only spends 18.5% of their waking hours at school a year. Shocker, right!? The remainder of that time is filled with a revolving door of extra-curricular activities, sports, dance, scouts….they not only fill up our evenings but our weekend too! And why do we do it? We do it because we want our children to be good team players, to be well-rounded, & prepared for life. Speaking of being prepared for life, here are some fun statistics…..
- Employment in occupations related to Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math is projected to grow to more than 9 million between 2012 and 2022. Source
- The odds of your child becoming a professional athlete…let’s say, basketball player, is 1 in 11,711 for men & 1 in 13,005 for women (just to put this into perspective, the odds of getting struck by lighting is 1 in 3,000). Source
- And with regard to your little girl or boy becoming a professional dancer, the Magic 8 Ball says-Outlook Not So Good! Source
In no way are those stats meant to deter you, or your child, from their dreams, I say reach for the sky! But it is meant to shed some light on the topic of investment. Where are your children investing all their time and your money? Perhaps it’s time to diversify and add some STEM to those plies & slam-dunks.
Snapology is the premier partner for STEM programs, offering year-round hands-on, interactive activities for children ages 1-14 (and awesome Special Needs classes) using LEGO® bricks, K’Nex and technology.
They create STEM learning experiences through classes (video game design, robotics, and animation), competition team opportunities, workshops, camps, birthday parties, school field trips, scouting events and more!
Remember that stat from the beginning, the one that read; employment in occupations related to STEM is projected to grow to more than 9 million between 2012 and 2022? Well, Snapology is one of those employment opportunities, or rather, ownership opportunity. Snapology is a franchise and the nearest one to us is in Findlay, we NEED one in Toledo! So not only is this post a push for more STEM but also a plea for mom-trepreneurs! They offer franchise opportunities that are affordable, flexible and can provide quick profitability. No more having to hash tag your images “like a boss”, you’ll be the boss!! Who wants to be their own boss? For more info checkout their website.
LEGO® brick set of the Snapology Mascot Sebastian Gator (recommended for kids 6+)
How to Enter:
- Share this post with a friend, possibly a mom-trepreneurs! I would LOVE to have a Snapology in Toledo!!!
- Simply comment below by sharing your thoughts…thoughts on Snapology. What you have to say is important; I look forward to reading your comments.
Winner will be randomly selected Friday September 1st @11:59pm
Disclaimer This giveaway is a partnership with Nakturnal