Temps rising, sun blazing, & not a splash pad or pool in sight? The struggle is real this summer. Thankfully the amazing community of Wauseon, Ohio has been kind enough to extend an invitation to their local pool to all visitors. Which, let’s be honest, this is kinda a huge deal, especially when they totally had the option of only including individuals from their local community this summer. Thus, that being stated, when visiting please extend your gratitude, thank them for opening the pool to visitors, practice your best poolside manners, & most importantly, HAVE FUN!!
Why Wauseon’s Community Pool is so cool?
The pool comes complete with something for everyone…. a toddler zone, family zone, slides for the older kiddos, diving boards, snack shack/concession, chaise and chairs w/shade, chaise lounges with full sun exposure, clean restrooms, changing area, showers to rinse off before/after swimming…and, in case kiddos aren’t totally tired after swimming, Imagination Kingdom playground is located next door.
Know before you go!
- The pool opens at noon each day on first come first admitted basis, so get there early to lineup at the entrance. Once they reach their occupant capacity they have to stop admitting people and you will have to wait outside for people to leave before you can enter.
- That being stated, please note, once the pool is at max capacity and you leave the pool area, you are forfeiting your spot to the next person in line. SO make sure you have everything you need when you enter. (You may wait in line for re-entry and no additional fee will be charged.)
- No outside food is permitted but their Snack Shack has snacks as low as $.25 and as high as $3, very economical, and includes all kiddos faves…chips, candy bars, popcorn, Popsicle, water ($1), etc.
- There’s social distancing guidelines in place while at the pool; please follow these guidelines as closely as possible while visiting.
- Adult swim and sanitizing is done on the hour.
- All chairs and chaise lounges are socially distanced and not to be moved.
- All surfaces are wiped down every 2 hours
- Staff is wearing masks.
Wauseon Community Pool
Address: 621 E Oak St, Wauseon, OH 43567 (located in Reighard Park)
Phone: (419) 337-0294
Hours: Sunday-Friday Noon-8P
Cost: $3 per person, kiddos 2 and under $1
Food: No outside food allowed….the Snack Shack has lots of snacks to choose from ranging from $.25 up to $3
Why not pack a picnic, swim for a couple hours, & then go next door to the park to eat and play. Or better yet, why not show our appreciation for opening their lovely pool to visitors by helping boost their local economy and hit up a fast-food establishment, restaurant, or Red Ramblers for a Duh Froster!