I met up with some other moms and their kids at the park the other day. The moms discussed the latest happenings in their lives while the kiddos played on the playground. I shared that I had just taken the kiddos back-to-school shopping at Franklin Park Mall, and let me tell you, if looks could kill. Lol! The other moms were all stunned. What’s more, when I told them I finished ALL our back-to-school clothing shopping at the mall, in one day, and saved money, their jaws dropped. I continued and explained that the mall has really evolved and made some awesome accommodations for us moms! So look out mall rats the mall moms are taking back Franklin Park Mall! We are coming with kids in tow, toddlers and tweens, diaper bags swung over the shoulder, we are baby wearing, double stroller pushing, breastfeeding, and ready to shop!!!
10 Reasons Why Franklin Park Mall is the Best Place for Moms to Shop
- Best variety of stores in Town– I adore the fact that it doesn’t matter what the occasion, or your budget; there is a store in the mall that will meet your need. Need a gift for that kid’s birthday party that starts in two hours? Disney Store to the rescue! Did your child’s sandal just literally break while walking through the mall (true story)? The solution is a piggyback ride to Payless! Entering the 2nd trimester and your pants are getting snug? Destination Maternity has you covered momma! And you might want to stop off at Godiva Chocolatier to curb those cravings. Did your child decide to reclaim the coin they just threw in the fountain? Bath & Body Works has Hand Sanitizers to attack those germs! Looking to ramp up your culinary skills? William Sonoma offers classes and everything you need to make your kitchen into a chef’s dream come true! And there are SO many more stores, Click Here for Mall Directory.
- Moms don’t have to cook, do the dishes, or break the bank!!!- Franklin Park Mall has food that’ll tantalize the taste buds and price points that meet every budget. Whether you are meeting up with other mommas, dinning with the kiddos, looking for a quick bite, or want to linger a bit longer with friends Franklin Park Mall food court and restaurants have you covered! We opted to celebrate the occasion of back-to-school shopping with lunch at Bravo! (I am a fan of their kids’ menu; they have the usual suspects like chicken fingers and pizza but also offer healthier options too….and for me it just doesn’t get any better than their salmon salad!!) Click Here for a Directory of Restaurants.
- Deals, Deals, & More Deals!!!- Oh my gosh… I am blown away by all the great deals that not only the individual stores offer, but the mall too! Franklin Park Mall now offers a Mall-wide rewards program called, Oh, So Simple Rewards. And like it says, it is oh, so simple, to register. You simply enter an email at a sign-up kiosk, swipe the credit card or debit card that you will be using to make purchases, shop, dine, see a movie, etc. Then for every $250 spent on that card $10 gets put back automatically on your card! Winning! (And it adds up fast….just think, a date night, dinner, movie, movie with the kids, kid’s birthday party at Build a Bear, back-to-school shopping, shoes, shoes, & more shoes!! Means money back on your card ;))
- Moms can get their workout in while they shop! – After a day at the mall my legs felt so toned. I didn’t even need to work out the next morning. Best part, you can just meet up with friends and stroll the mall then grab a coffee (Coffee Karma is opening soon!) or lunch, you don’t have to shop (can’t believe my fingers just typed those words, lol!).
- It never rains or snows inside the climate controlled environment– Don’t get me wrong those “other” places are nice too (the one in Maumee and the other in Perrysburg) but what I really like about the mall is that I don’t have to come in contact with all the elements outside each time I enter and exit a store. And as a mom with 3 kiddos there is nothing more annoying than having to put on ALL the winter stuff, mittens, scarves, hats, and coats to leave a store just to have them take it all off when they enter the next store…rinse and repeat!! FYI, if you are looking for a cute umbrella JCPenney had these adorable gems.
- Family Lounge & Nursing Moms’ Quarters– Franklin Park Mall offers a clean, safe, and comfortable environment for nursing moms and moms with little ones. The family lounge has tactile boards to engage preschoolers and toddlers while mom tends to the baby. Curtains are even available for those moms who wish to be more modest, otherwise there is a comfortable sofa and television.
- Awesome Community Events– Franklin Parks Mall partners with the Girl Scouts for their annual Lock In. Has, My Buddy, My Books, where children enjoy book readings by local celebrities, including Muddy the Mud Hen and there are crafts, entertainment, giveaways, and more! Summer Play Days at the Disney Store. My kiddos have so enjoyed the $1 Summer Movie Clubhouse features. And there is so much more, click here to see all the cool events going on at Franklin Park Mall.
- Gumballs & Fountain– No matter what you call it, rewarding good behavior, bribing, etc. it works! I was shocked how fast my son tried on a shirt once I said he could have a gumball afterward. Mind you, I forgot to clarify that he had to take off the shirt he had on first, lol! And the Fountain is also another great incentive and the best part; the donations go to the conservation projects at the zoo!
- Parking Garages– This one is self-explanatory, but SO awesome! Franklin Park Mall has two parking garages making parking a breeze, which is much appreciated when you have little ones in tow. Added bonus, if you are lucky enough to snag one of the parking spots below you can continue to avoid the elements, i.e. rain and snow.
- Toledo Proud– Now there is a store in the mall where you can get all your Toledo fan paraphernalia, Toledo Rockets, Toledo Mud Hens, & Toledo Walleye (latter two are coming soon)!! We had to get the little lady a Toledo Rockets Shirt (while on vacation each kiddos was allowed to pick out a shirt but she wanted her shirts to say Toledo, not Grand Haven, lol!).
Guess where all of us mommas are meeting up next week?
Enter to win $50 to Franklin Park Mall!!!
To enter simply comment below and share what you like most about Franklin Park Mall. Also, I would advise following Franklin Park Mall on Facebook for up-to-date events going on and/or enter to receive texts on deals (they don’t bombard you with texts).
Winner will be randomly selected August 10th at 11:59pm. Good luck! And happy Back-to-school shopping!!