Mama’s to do list:
- Empty litter box & Clean dirty diapers (I like to take care of my crap in the morning)
- Drop off lunch money at school (someone forgot their lunch money)
- Grocery Shopping (sorry again to the gentleman behind us for the wait, I am a coupon mom)
- Friday Fright Fun!
- Date Night
It was a crazy somewhat hectic day today but the pay off was exceptional. I am a firm believer in the work hard play hard motto. So after putting my time in with all the boring mommy chores it was time for some Friday fright fun!
So to start off our Friday Fright Fun we popped the Walt Disney Halloween Songs & Sounds CD into the player, the kiddos raided the make-believe basket, and we boogied. The kiddos continued to boogie while I made us some yummy fall Carmel apple sundaes.
Carmel Apple sundaes
- Two scoops vanilla frozen yogurt
- ½ a medium-sized apple (which ever you prefer though, the granny smith contrast the caramel nicely) rinse and slice apple into bite sized pieces
- 2 tbsp of caramel topping
Place two scoops of yogurt in the sundae dish. Place apple pieces on top of the yogurt then drizzle the caramel over the apples. Enjoy!
After our sundaes it was onto the craft. The craft was a trick-or-treating bag. I underestimated how much fun it could be doing a craft with the kiddos. I thoroughly enjoyed myself, I thank God for moments like these, true quality time.
I purchased everything from Hobby Lobby on Monroe Street. This craft is economical so there is no need to break the bank.
What you need:
- Bag – $1.99
- Stick-it Craft Felt – White, orange, and black – $.99 each
- Bag of letters- $2.99
- Bag of google eyes- we had these at home but I don’t think they cost more than $2 or $3
- Template- http://familyfun.go.com/printables/pumpkin-pattern-for-halloween-703196/
How to assemble:
Have your children trace from the template. Then have the older ones cut out the figures, you will need to help the younger children. Then let their imaginations run wild.
I had such a fun afternoon. The kiddos will be using their trick-or-treating bags at the pumpkin path at the zoo tomorrow. We can’t wait!
Well I am off to try to make myself presentable, date night!