Goodbye 2013-2014 school year! We will treasure the memories, the Kindergarteners’ special persons’ breakfast, the art shows, carnival, learning what a blizzard bag is, haha! We are sad to see it go but excited for the summer ahead!!
Today is the last day of school and guess what? The kiddos didn’t have to go till July due to all the snow days thanks to the awesome blizzards bags and crazy early drop off /late pick up schedule. This year was a little eventful to say the least. I am happy to say we survived and thrived! Momma managed to get the kiddos to school every day on time! Can I get a woohoo for the momma bus…not one tardy and they literally did not miss one day of school (minus the 13+ snow days).
I am going to miss this school year; the kiddos had such amazing teachers. And we made memories this year that we will treasure always. I can’t allow myself to get too sentimental now, I still have to go back to school to pick them up and I’d prefer I not show up on the last day with sad raccoon looking eyes from crying my heart out because my babies are growing to fast. Must. Not. Look. Through. Their Baby books. Why do I do this to myself? Haha!
Here area a few clever end of school year idea I came across…..
Tip Junkie has 20 neat ideas, click here.
Pinterest has some really adorable ways to enhance the last day, some are just too precious! Click here
And here is one that I plan on doing with my kiddos….
Interview your child at the end of the school year!
- This school year is over. How do you feel about that?
- How was this year different from last year?
In the classroom
- What did you like most about your teacher?
- Who do you like to sit by in class?
- What is your favorite subject? Why?
- Name two books that you read this year that you liked. What did you like about these books?
- Did you have any extra helping jobs in your classroom this year? What were they?
- What jobs did you like? What jobs did you dislike?
- Who do you play with at recess?
- What is your favorite thing to do when recess is outdoors?
- What is your favorite thing to do when recess in indoors?
- What was the best birthday treat you had this year? Do you remember whose birthday that was?
- What songs do you sing at school? Tell me three of your favorites.
- Tell me about the one field trip this year.
- What was your favorite lunch?
- Did you like art class? What was your favorite project?
- What was the best thing about music class?
- Did you learn anything about computers this year? What?
- If you could only wear one outfit to school for a week, what would you wear?
- What is your favorite after-school snack?
- What do you usually do right after school?
- What else would you like to remember about this year? A funny story?
- If you fell on the playground, who would come running to help you?
- Who likes to make everybody laugh?
- Who likes to wear fancy clothes to school?
- Who likes to get dirty?
- If you started a snowball fight, who would join you?
- If I told you someone had to stay in for recess, who would you guess it was?
- Who runs the fastest?
- Who talks the loudest?
- If you needed someone to help you with your homework, who would you ask?
- If you were sad and needed someone to talk to, who would you choose?
- If you could spend a week with somebody else’s family, what family would you choose?
Do you have a fun tradition you do with your kiddos on the last day or school? Or maybe you have come across something fun? Please share.