Ever been to one of those cookouts where you are just bored out of your mind? You try to determine what is an adequate amount of time to stay without seeming to eager to leave? Ever come up with a carefully planned reason why you have to head out early? Ever had a special code word? Now imagine you were the poor hostess and your guest kept blurting out, kumquats, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, and other random weird words moments before making up a reason why they had to bolt! Don’t be that hostess!! Don’t forget the Slawsa!!
In case you missed the segment on WTOL Saturday morning here is a quick run down…we made some mouthwatering deviled eggs (click here for recipe) with my favorite condiment, SLAWSA!!! And we talked cookouts!!
What is Slawsa?
SLAWSA breaks the mold of modern condiments, boldly creating a whole new category of food, and standing alone in its realm of flavor. A delicious cross between a slaw and a salsa and far healthier than other toppers, more versatile and is a must-have for your pre-game tailgate, grilling at your backyard barbecue or to spice up your mid-week family dinners. We beg you, don’t serve your guests boring condiments.
Simply put, Slawsa is the Gourmet Topping for Everything without the gourmet price.
You can feel confident that Slawsa is:
- very low in sodium
Here are 10 tips to host a SLAWESOME cookout:
- Keep it simple-no one likes a stressed out host. Go low budget on the decorations, use items from around the house, use napkins/bandanas as decorations, use real plates & utensils…not only is it cheaper but the planet will thank you!
- Have guest bring a dish to pass- it means less for the host to have to provide & it gives everyone a special contribution…everyone wants to feel needed.
- Have an Ice Tea bar- guests can add their own mint, fruit, alcohol, sugar, etc.
- Background music is a must- Billy Holiday & Dean Martin are great choices for parties with multi-generations
- Have all the must-haves handy for your guests- mosquito repellant, sunblock, hand sanitizer, wet wipes
- Slawsa!! This sassy condiment will be the talk of the party…it is literally a symphony for your taste buds, AH-mazing!! (Available at Kroger & Meijer down the condiment isle, next to the relish…what, a girl can’t know her condiments? Haha!)
- Photo Booth-this is a great way to get everyone involved in the fun! And as a bonus you will have pics to add to any future calendar, card, and/or photobook! Or if you are feeling really ambitious you could send out thank you photo cards to your guests.
- Games/activities are a must! Bingo, bocce ball, croquet, hide items & have a scavenger hunt (have the older kids read the clues and younger once run and find them), have an art show- chalk on sidewalk or grab some fun crafts from Hobby Lobby and pass out awards to the artists
- Have a plan B in case of rain-move the party inside, have a tent, umbrellas, etc.
- Have to-go bags/containers for guest so they can easily take home food
Any tips you would add to the list? What do you worry about most when entertaining? Do you have Slawsa in your fridge? If not, why? What are you waiting for??
Interested in winning $50? Here is the link to the Photo Contest Slawsa is running now through the end of June! Get your Slawsa on!!! And good luck!!