Temps are rising, days are getting longer, & summer is just around the corner! Grab the sunblock, beach towels, and snacks and get the kids to a splash pad, waterpark, or pool! Here’s a guide of some local and surrounding areas pools, splash parks, and waterparks find a favorite to frequent all summer or challenge the fam to hit them all! As always call before you visit to confirm hours of operations and admission.
“Are we still in Toledo?” exclaimed my youngest as we made our way into the grandiose theater! It was a LONG awaited experience, an experience 2 years in the making! So was it worth it? Was that LONG wait worth it? YESSS!! But don’t take our word for it…Saturdays are Imagination Station “FREE admission days” this summer, see details blow.Read more
This bucket list is 2 years in the making! We’re super excited to start checking each of these off…picnics in the park, playground hops, road trips, day trips, parades, and more!!! FYI- If you click on the download button below the image you will then be able to click on the underlined locations/events and will be directed to more information. Please feel free to share with family and friends. The purpose of this post is to help you and your family enjoy all the amazing destinations and events in the 419, Toledo, Ohio, and Michigan have to offer. Know of something fun we should add to our list? Please share in the comments…there’s so many fun things to do Toledo Summer Bucket List 2021 Part II is already in the works! Cheers to the best summer ever, loves!Read more
Need a break from the great outdoors? The bugs, heat, sun, rain? How does a climate-controlled park that is bug free, and doesn’t require you to reapply every 80 minutes sounds? Oh, and while we’re at it how about we throw in a relaxing lounge for parents, snacks available on site, and a price that can’t be beat? (Personally, they had me at bug free; I currently resemble a connect-the-dots worksheet, lol!). Then please make sure all devices are set to airplane mode, seats are in the upright position, and seatbelts aren’t buckled, it’s time to take flight at Sky Zone! Sky Zone is better than ever! The people spoke and Sky Zone listened!
You will still be greeted by a tidal wave of blue and orange, invigorating enthusiasm, https://www.skyzone.com/toledoand energy that just envelops you, however, the prices and attractions are jaw dropping! You’re probably thinking…your idea of jaw dropping and mine are two different things. Well, how does jumping for 90 minutes for just $1 a day sound? It’s like its Christmas in July, right?!
BEST DEAL: 30 Day Pass
Summer is here! Jump for $1 per day. Play for up to 90 minutes every day with the 30-Day Pass. Limited Time Offer!
Cost: ONLY $29.99(Expires 2018-08-31)
Sky Zone Toledo
Address: 1600 Albon Rd, Holland, OH 43528
Phone: (419) 491-1194
SUMMER PARK HOURS:
Sunday, 12:00pm – 8:00pm
Monday, 10:00am – 8:00pm
Tuesday, 10:00am – 8:00pm
Wednesday, 10:00am – 8:00pm
Thursday, 10:00am – 8:00pm
Friday, 12:00pm – 8:00pm
Glow Zone* 8:00pm – 11:00pm (Ages 6+)
Saturday, 10:00am – 10:00pm
GlowJam* 8:00pm – 11:00pm (Ages 6+)
Cost: 120 minutes-$22.00, 90 minutes [MOST POPULAR]-$19.00, & 60 minutes-$15.00
Warrior Course-Enter a jumper. Exit a warrior. For athletes looking to push themselves, the Warrior Course will put your abilities to the test. Take on a variety of obstacles in a test of speed, strength, and agility. Go for a personal record or dominate your friends.
Parkour Blox-Ready to level up? Test your parkour skills to the next level on the Freestyle court using the foam vault blocks. Train your speed, power, and strength by practicing on hurdles placed in your path.
SkyLadder– Another balance challenge, SkyLadder challenges you in a different way: off your feet. Climb this fidgeting ladder to the top and plant your flag. Or fall into the padding below, get up, and try again.
Ultimate Dodge Ball– Remember that ever popular rite of passage game from childhood that would have you ducking and dodging the ball? Guess what happens when you add Sky Zone’s patented wall-to-wall trampolines to the ever popular game of dodge ball? Ultimate Dodge ball!!
Foam Zone– Run and jump, flip, and fly into a huge pit filled with 10,000 foam cubes. Defy gravity; work on your fancy air poses, or just wing it, no matter how you fly fun will always be your copilot!
Sky Slam– Wish you could slam dunk like an NBA player? Guess what? Sky Zone is making your dream come true! Pair Sky Zone’s basketball hoops, (each set at various heights to accommodate even the littlest slam dunkers) with a trampoline and you will be dunking like a pro in no time!
Freestyle Jump– The main court offers you the freedom to take flight in your own defined space; you don’t have to worry about anyone else jumping in your square.
Comfort Zone– Sky Zone hasn’t forgotten about parents, grandparents, and chaperons. This is where you can sit, watch television, relax, have a snack, and still chaperon your children.
SkyWars -Squad up and lock and load for SkyWars, the newest game at Sky Zone! Guests engage in an epic team strategy battle game using blasters and foam balls or darts in a variety of games including team elimination, capture the flag, duck hunt, and more.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 4:00pm – 8:00pm & Saturday’s GLOW:: 8:00pm – 11:00pm (Included w/ Open Jump, Subject to Availability — Ages 8+)
Glow-Sky Zoneis different after dark. Lasers, music and blacklight transform the whole park into a crazy jumping dance club. Flips are limited to Foam Zone during Glow. Waivers are required for all persons entering the park during Glow. Every Friday & Saturday Night, 8pm – 11pm (Ages 6 and Up) | COLORED NEON SHIRTS REQUIRED, NO WHITE SHIRTS PLEASE
Cost: 3hrs = $25, 2hrs = $20, 1hr = $15
So what are you waiting for? Tag friends now & meet-up at Sky Zone, where the kiddos can get their recommended daily physical activity and moms can catch up & chat!
Date Night!! The two words every couple looks forward to, especially those with kids. It means a night away from the kiddos, to reconnect with your spouse, to remember why you fell in love in the first place. It is easy to get caught up in the responsibilities of adulthood & parenthood. That is why it is so important that you step away from it all for a few hours and have some fun, remember fun, that thing you did before you had a job, mortgage, kids, you know, before you had major responsibilities!?
Here are some FUN Date Night destinations you and your significant other are certain to enjoy:
1. Escape Game Experience (Fallen Timbers, Maumee) and/or Trapped Toledo (Toledo)- Locked in a room with a group of friends or strangers; you must use your wits and the group’s collective knowledge to find hidden clues, solve daunting puzzles and overcome challenges to escape before time runs out. Are you ready?
2. Murder Mystery Dinner Train– (technically not in Toledo but nearby) Fine dining with a murder mystery featuring their acting troupe and a rotating schedule of shows throughout the year. Be prepared to be part of the show in this intimate setting and WATCH OUT! You might even be the unfortunate soul who gets to be the VICTIM of their devious plot! (Rated PG-13 of course).
3. Sky Zone– Indoor Trampoline Park! Experience WOW – the weightlessness of bouncing, flipping and landing in a pit filled with 10,000 foam cubes. You and your spouse will experience the pure joy that comes with flying. They also have a basketball trampoline, dodge ball trampoline court, and more!!
4. Sandpiper– The Sandpiper is a 100 Passenger cruise vessel located on the Maumee River in Toledo, Ohio and offers fun events throughout the summer and fall. Here are a few fun date night events they offer but be certain to check out their website for more!
Musical Dinner Cruise What could be better than a relaxing cruise up the Maumee River enjoying traditional Hungarian fare from Tony Packo`s and the music of Kerry Patrick Clark.
Sunset & City Lights Cruise This is a breathtaking experience! Cruise up the Maumee River and view stately homes, yacht clubs and wildlife. Catch a sunset around Walbridge Park & return to downtown after dark and experience the city lights shimmering on the water. Snacks included.
Cigar Cruises on the Sandpiper Check out the new developments along the riverfront and enjoy a 2 hour smoke on the river. Bring your own cigars! If you wish bring your own picnic or order a Marco’s Pizza delivered to the boat and bring your own beverages too!
5. It’s Friday at Toledo Museum of Art– Each evening offers an ever-changing combination of events for adults and families including free tours, activities, live music, glassblowing demonstrations, wine tastings, and more. Click here to view the calendar.
6. Art Loop– The Art Loop is presented in partnership with the arts and cultural institutions, organizations, and businesses of greater downtown Toledo and connects and highlight our city’s creative community and the unique culture of our downtown neighborhoods.
7. Jazz in the Garden at Toledo Botanical Gardens– Bring a blanket or chair and relax to smooth jazz nestled in the beauty of the Garden. A barbeque vendor will be on grounds for food purchase, bakery goods for sale on grounds, & guests may bring food, wine and beer. Cost: $10 general admission & $5 for Metropark Members. Thursdays, 6:30-8:30pm.
8. FREE Concerts on Saturday Evenings–FREE concerts at Ottawa Park Amphitheatre. Unwind on a warm Saturday evening as you enjoy great music performed by various local artists. Each show features a fun musical theme…blues, British invasion, classic rock, etc. and admission is FREE!
9. Black Cloister Brewing Company (Trivia on Thursdays)- They do things a little bit differently, in a good way! You can get your beer here and order up some delicious food from surrounding restaurants and or food trucks. Call ahead for a complementary tour!! Click here for more info.
11. Attend a Festival/Event- Black Swamp Festival
13. Ritter Planetarium– Located on the main campus of the University of Toledo, the Ritter Planetarium is your gateway to the Universe. Outfitted with a state-of-the-art digital projector and 5.1 surround sound, the Ritter Planetarium is capable of transporting you though space and time to view the wonders of the Universe. Click here for more info.
15. Sundance Kid Drive-in Theatre-Spend an evening under the stars at The Sundance Kid Drive-In. The nostalgic 50’s style drive-in, located across from Pearson Park in Oregon, features Digital Cinema projection and FM Stereo sound. Two movies play on two screens April through October. Their concession stand has all your favorite treats prepared fresh daily. Lucky ticket gift winners drawn nightly! For times and showings click here
Here are a few suggestions to make your date night more economical:
- Whenever possible have family or friends watch your kiddos, perhaps even consider starting or being part of a babysitting co-op.
- Save up! Set aside a decided amount of money each week, say, $10 dollars, and at the end of the month you have $40 for your date night. Date Night can happen no matter what your budget is, it may mean sacrificing your lattés or convenience store purchases, but it is worth it!
- If you go out to eat beforehand don’t order drinks and consider splitting a dish…..you can go REALLY fancy if you order water to drink and split a meal (note that there may be a splitting fee but it is often cheaper than ordering an additional meal). Added bonus when you split a meal, you don’t feel as guilty ordering dessert!
- Inquire about possible coupons, deals; some places have deals on certain days.
Enjoy your time out, put your phones away, give each other your undivided attention, and most important, HAVE FUN!!