Moms mark your calendars!! On Saturday and Sunday, May 5 and 6 from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. Kirkland’s Home stores are having a grand opening of a new store in Crossroads Centre. You know the amazing Kirkland’s stores that contain everything you need to meet all your interiors’ design needs? Yep, that’s the store!! But wait; it gets even better, not only can you shop where the designers shop (or at least this Interior Designer) but as part of the celebration, Toledo personal organizer and decorator, and owner of In Its Place, Ltd., Lori Eckel will be offering free one-on-one consultations. (Okay, you have my permission to give out a woo-hoo!!)
The grand opening events will be the weekend before Mother’s Day. I think we all know a mom who can never find her keys, steps on toys in her house, or is always racing against the clock (and yes, I meet the criteria for all the above). So, in the spirit of crazy-busy moms everywhere, Lori has some great suggestions to help de-stress, increase productivity and creativity, get the family’s daily schedule flowing more smoothly, and actually make parents more punctual. Here are some of her tips and tricks:
· Put limits on toys: The less they have, the more they actually play with them. If you don’t have the heart to purge the toys, then ROTATE them! Remember, the less they have, the less that needs to be picked up.
· Drive through: You can run a lot of errands without ever getting out of the car – pick up prescriptions, dry cleaning, hit the bank and more. This way you’re not dragging the kids in and out of the back seat, you’re not making impulse purchases at the cash register, so you’re saving time and money, and not bringing home more stuff you don’t need.
· Merge errands and make it family time: When the kids are old enough, leave one in the dentist chair, with one observing while the sibling is having his or her teeth cleaned. Meanwhile, mom can go shopping across the street with the third child. Then have the dentist’s office call on the cell phone when they’re done. Kills two birds with one stone!
· Start chores from an early age: Kids love to help. Start them out early and make them feel important when they accomplish small tasks.
· Contain it: Setting aside a drawer for mail, bills, or kids’ drawings you want to keep isn’t helping. Get expandable file folders, a filing cabinet, or even collapsible storage containers – and use them.
Lori can help guests of the grand opening events get started on the baby steps to find out what systems or routines would work to keep their families organized. She can also help get plans in place to follow through. We may not all need professional help, but many of us aren’t solving our organizational problems alone.
Lori Eckel strives to help people de-stress their lives and reclaim their space. The owner of In Its Place, Ltd. is a member of the National Association of Professional Organizers and part of the Institute for Challenging Disorganization, and when she takes on the task of organizing your home or office, she’s all about making it FUN! On Saturday and Sunday, May 5 and 6, Lori will be at the grand opening of the new Kirkland’s at Crossroads Centre in Rossford. She’ll share tips and tricks on purging, downsizing and decorating to help organize your home and give your family a less hectic daily routine.
Again, just to recap, the Grand opening celebration and FREE personal organization and design consultations with Lori Eckel Saturday and Sunday, May 5 and 6 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.
Kirkland’s ― Crossroads Centre
9830 Olde US 20
Rossford, OH 43460-1723
Do you have a room that is dying for some finishing touches, furniture, accessories, etc.? Maybe you have an organizing question you would like to ask a professional organizer? Please share….