Whether it is week 3 of summer break, the first day of spring break, a snow day, weekend, etc. parents dread these three words, “I am bored!” I have collated a list of fun activities that are certain to bust their boredom. Then I took it a step further and had my kiddos approve each and every one of them! I’ll be honest; a few of my ideas didn’t make the cut. Here are 101 that did! (Pics have links too, simply click on them)
1. Build a fort
2. Have a Rainbow Loom Marathon
3. Build a Lego world!
4. Get out the Slip N Slide
6. Have a puppet show with homemade sock puppets
9. Sign up and participate in the Summer Reading program at your local library
10. Make your own art
11. Host an Art Show displaying said art
12. Have a lemonade stand
13. Make bathtub paint
14. Tactile tubs
15. Go on a Scavenger Hunt
16. Have fun with Science Experiments
17. Have a spa day
18. Have a Super Hero Day
19. Host a Movie Night…Make a treat wagon! Make cool tickets to pass out to friends
20. Declare it a Minecraft Day
21. Host your own Cupcake Wars with play dough or real cupcakes!
23. Host a fashion show
24. Invade the recycling bin and create sweet sculptures!
25. Make some yummy summer treats
26. Write and illustrate a book
27. Host a dance party
28. Have a game day!
29. Make a card for a neighbor to brighten their day.
30. Learn about the solar system….
31. Make your own matching/memory game
33. Put on a play
34. Record your own movie
35. Decorate bikes and wagons and have a parade!
37. Go through pictures & souvenirs and make a scrapbook
38. Host a neighborhood bake sale
39. Make super hero capes and face masks!
40. Have a day at the beach inside! Build a sand castle inside with this Watermelon Moon Sand!
41. Make instruments & have a performance on the lawn
42. Have a ball! Get a bunch of beach balls and have a blast….have kiddos each decorate their own balls with faces, etc.
43. Bubbles! Get the bubbles out and have a blast!
44. Run through the sprinkler
45. Have a water balloon fight!
46. Paint with food!
47. Empty out your piggy bank and hit up the local candy store…Boyd’s!
48. Paint Rocks
49. Make Rainbow bubble Snacks
50. Play Hot/cold- hide an object then other need to find it, person who hide says cold as they move away from the object and warm/hot the closer they get to the object
51. Host a Chess tournament.
52. Host a book club…have kiddos read book or have parents read to them then discuss the book. Imagine you were the characters in the book, what would you do? How would you feel? Have each child come up with a different question.
53. Play charades!
54. Make pet treats and visit a local animal shelter to drop them off (call first to make certain they will accept them…if not, simply drop off donations, i.e. newspaper, paper towels, etc.)
55. Make Washi Tape bracelets
56. Get your hands on some cardboard boxes…don’t have any? Call local appliance store, big box store, etc. – here are 31 wild ideas!!
57. Make silly putty
58. Make slime
59. Make a Volcano!!
60. Freeze things in ice…always fun!
61. Make snow, even in the middle of summer!
62.Invite friends over for a special treat, a Banana Bar!
63. Make a masterpiece out of items found in nature…sticks, twigs, grass, weeds, flowers, etc.
64. Visit local FREE establishments like Museums/Library
65. Have kiddos play archeologist…have parent burry objects in a sandbox, backyard, etc. Help kiddos set up an archeological dig.
66. Make a Mason Jar aquarium….plus 15 additional fun things to do with a Mason Jar
67. Make your own soap! – Soap cupcakes with whipped frosting
69. Go on Safari….place stuffed animals around the house & make this sweet Safari Vest!
71. Host a carnival in your backyard!
72. Have fun with crossword puzzles, brain teasers, word search, etc.
73. Make scented play dough! WHAT!? –
74. Let’s Talk Food! Have kiddos grab old magazines and make a poster board with all the food groups.
75. Grab your crayons and get coloring!! –
76. Make Map Magnets, learn about geography-
77. Folding Fun- Make sweet Origami figures
78. Make your own stamps & Stamp pads!
79. Make a self-portrait with magazine cutouts
81. Play a game of good old fashioned Win, Lose, or Draw!
82. Make Salt Dough– imprint cool objects, your feet, hands, etc.
85. Make a floor plan of your bedroom….make a couple more with different furniture layouts, find one you like and rearrange your room (with help from an adult)
86. Organize your books- non-fiction, fiction, etc.
87. Engineering & Architecture fun! Make a geodesic dome, bridge, and other fun structures with gumdrops and tooth picks!!
89. I Spy
90. 20 Questions
91. Brain Quest!
92. Learn all about Teeth! Make some cool molars!!
93. Race remote controlled cars/helicopters.
94. Pool noodle games & crafts (pool not required)
95. Make homemade beads
97. Make Pom Pom Bunnies!! (My daughters loved this one!)
98. Crafts & Activities with Popsicle Sticks
99. Make Catapults
100. Make Star Wars Toilet Roll Characters
101. Make a Bow & Arrows
Please add to the list….what are some of your kiddos favorite boredom busters?